Friday, May 14, 2010

5/13/2010 CRUISING MIAMI WATERS WITH FEINGOLDS

Great day with good friends!!

We all walked into the nearby Coconut Grove area this morning to explore and find breakfast. We were so lucky to have stumbled upon a super little French Bistro called Le Bouchon where we had café au lait and fresh baguettes with our breakfasts. YUMMY!!

We decided to enjoy our time together by doing a little cruising around the Miami Harbor area. We meandered under bridges and through channels, passed cruise ships and ferries, gazed upon the jutting skyline of high-rises and ogled over the shore side mansions before returning to our slip. Nice day spent with friends.

CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIP

CROSSING FERRIES IN OUR PATH

BARBARA AT THE HELM

IS THAT RICHARD ON THE PHONE AGAIN??

After Richard and Barbara departed, Dan and I headed for the metro system and found a Target and Best Buy. Yes, we were both happy! Dan found speakers and other supplies needed for the new stereo system and I got my Target “fix”. Debi, I was bummed not to find the great little dresses like the black one you gave me. Have I told you lately how much I like it? It is my “go to” dress now. Thanks!!

For dinner, we again took the metro to the Dadeland South Station where we dined at Shorty’s BBQ. We had eaten there once before when stranded here on our way to Roatan to meet Robert and John and Joann Hull. Good eats!!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading about your wonderful journey and especially enjoyed the parts about my old stomping grounds. I have to laugh and commiserate about all the things that can go wrong on a boat, They are so frustrating but then you have the glorious moments that only life on a boat can bring. Enjoy!!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete