Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/04/2010 DAY 5 AT GREEN TURTLE BAY MARINA,KY

FALL SLOWLY SHOWING A PRESENCE

MONDAY

TOTAL MILES TRAVELED TODAY: 0 NM

Dan made it to the job site in Evart, MI by 10:45 AM that’s 9:45 my time here in Kentucky. He had stopped to spend a few hours at the Hampton Inn in St. Joseph, MI where we had spent two nights at the Pier 33 Marina on 9/11 and 9/12.

I got in gear this morning and spent most of the day scrubbing the deck with Soft Scrub and a brush. I also got one of the fenders done before I moved onto oiling the inside wood again. I hope to get more of the fenders off their positions and scrubbed tomorrow.


QUEST'S NEW SLIP.  AT HOME WITH THE TRANSIENTS.

I took another walk into town and meandered down a lovely walking path to Little Lake Park. They had a small stage set up and decorated for some fall event that probably took place over the weekend. I also discovered why Vermont’s own lake monster, Champ, is so successfully illusive. I think he hides out here in the park to amuse the children of Grand Rivers. Who would ever think to look in Kentucky??


PAVED WALKING TRAIL

STAGE SET UP IN THE PARK

IS THIS NOT CHAMP?

Marina neighbors, Hal and Cheryl on Mas Bueno, invited me for 6:30 cocktails that turned out to be a lovely evening with a yummy meal and lots of good conversation. Thanks so much! http://www.wheresmasbueno.com/

Poor Dan had a hard day of work and was ready for dinner, mega dose of ibuprofen and a good night’s sleep. They are working 12 hour shifts and will be back at it tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment